Re: FN Key to Enable/Disable Touchpad

Le 03.12.2012 07:25, Doug a écrit :
On 12/03/2012 12:12 AM, Beco wrote:
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Dr Beco <rcb@beco.cc> wrote:
Camaleón,

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I can turn it on/off manually.
with #synclient TouchpadOff=1 or =0.

Is there a way to associate the Key with the Action?

Thanks!
Beco

PS. A bug report was filled and got itself the number 688181

Dr Beco

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." (Groucho Marx)

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this back again. I'm using wheezy for some time now,
and I always keep it up to date.

FN + F3 to turn on/off touchpad is still buggy. Since my first report
(bug #688181) I got an answer from  Julien Cristau (cc. in this
email).

He told me that the event got through, and then its probably a problem
from my desktop environment. How can I make this bug to get to the
correct maintainer?

I use KDE, if that info is relevant (desktop environment?).

Thanks!
Beco

Coming in late to this thread--I don't remember seeing it. BUT:
See if you can get a program called synaptiks--notice the "k"--
which will automatically turn off the touchpad when a mouse
is plugged in, and turn it back on when there is no mouse.
I use it on a Dell laptop with PCLinuxOs and it's great! I use it
in the KDE system--don't know if it works with other GUIs.

--doug
It is related to acpi events, as far as I know. I have the same issue on my 1015pem without any DE: some Fn keys works, but not all.
Maybe some softwares install some acpi events or enable/disable them?

Anyway, maybe you can bind a script which uses synclient to the key you want (say, the fn key ;) ) in your DE's configuration?