Re: Preseeding and partman-auto-recipe.txt

On Sat 01 Dec 2012 at 09:55:22 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> I'm looking for a more complete list of preseedable
> questions/answers than given by the example preseed.cfg files found
> on various sites. Methods revolving around debconf-get-selections
> aren't satisfactory as I'm not interested in duplicating and
> existing system. I'm doing a number of installs until I find one I
> like. I'm also trying to chase down some possible bugs [they
> actually may be typo's].  I'm planning on using preseed.cfg files
> for a record of trials.

Download the udeb files from

   http://packages.debian.org/stable/

and look at the templates file

> Also I'm looking to be able to chose how the disk is partitioned.
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install
> In Section B.4.7 says
> "The examples below only provide basic information on the use of
> recipes. For detailed information see the files
> partman-auto-recipe.txt and partman-auto-raid-recipe.txt included in
> the debian-installer package. Both files are also available from the
> debian-installer source repository."       But it doesn't give a
> link.

There is a link but it doesn't work for me. Here it is:

   http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i//trunk/installer/doc/devel/

I'd start by rummaging about after going to

   http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/

Or I'd use my initiative and download the debian-installer package.

> I'll be having multiple Linuxes present. Is there a way to tell the
> installer to use an existing SWAP partition?

You do not have to tell it anything; it will do so anyway. You can tell
it not to.