Re: ntpd crashes.

El 2012-09-21 a las 22:13 +0200, Mauro escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On 21 September 2012 16:30, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> > ntpd should avoid the clock going that forward and keep it disciplined.
> >
> >> It seems not ntp problem but a kernel bug:
> >>
> >> http://my.opera.com/marcomarongiu/blog/2010/08/18/debugging-ntp-again-part-4-and-last
> >
> > You can try the mentioned work-around and see if that works for you.
> >
> > Anyway, if that's the case, you should experience the same with different
> > ntp daemons and not just with ntpd :-?
>
> I've experienced the same problem also with openntp.

That makes more sense.

Anyway, no NTP daemon should crash because of skewed time; one thing is
that it refushes to sync (which can be fine, and should log this fact
so the admin can make the proper measures) but a different thing is
completely killing the service.

> Now I'm back with ntp using the workaround mentioned, hope it works.

Perfect, tell us how it went.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón