Re: Installation

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Du, 16 sep 12, 02:12:28, lee wrote:
>>
>> Then tell them about them and give them a working system before and
>> during the installation so that they can read the documentation at their
>> leisure.
>
> I think there is a non-zero amount of users that will not bother to read
> any documentation, even if easily available during the install[1].

Yes, many people probably won't --- and that's fine, it's up to them.
It's only about having the possibility to do that.

> But I still think an installer that works from within Debian Live
> would be nice.

We seem to already have that!  See http://www.debian.org/CD/live/

Am I stupid or wasn't that there a couple days ago?  I looked at these
pages the other day and didn't see it anywhere.

I'll try it out when I set up my VM.

> [1] If I'm not mistaken the Installation Guide is already included on
> the bigger media.

How do you find it when you're stuck in the installer?  I didn't think
of it and I could really have used it last time I installed.

--
Debian testing amd64