Re: Storage server

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:22:45 +0200
Veljko <veljko3@gmail.com> wrote:

> obnam and rdiff-backup seems to use less space, but I also like very
> clear representation of backups on rsnapshot. But during few days of
> testing each of them I'll know what to use.

I think rdiff-backup is a good choice for your needs. It has (for the
latest backup) a similar concept like rsnapshot, so you can access the
files easily.

If you ever move on to a dedicated backup server I think obnam will be
interesting again, mainly because of the Repository-Concept.

I'm currently testing obnam on our external Backup-Server together with
6 clients. It's very easy to set up. Restore could be nicer if you need
an older version of some file but it's rather fast and it is possible
to restore single files only, so you might have to look at several
versions to find the right one, but this shouldn't take too much time.

Also it doesn't matter much where you want to restore the file, any
machine which can access (or can be accessed by) the Backup-Server via
SSH will do.

Best regards
Denis Witt