Re: firewall

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 12:46 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> Web base Firewall (IPCOP) very powerful with the addon called BOT
>> (block out traffice) base on IPtables.
>
> I don't care, but I certain that I know some guys (no women) how
> recommend IPCOP too, for good reasons. At least for my usage it's
> overdosed. Believing does ... Wow, there's no shortcut for my "new
> needs" so simply believe the hype.

IPcop is a SOHO firewall. with squid, iptables, snort , openvpn and
all the other useful stuff.
BTW due to the GUI limitation i am also moving towards more CLI base.
thats why i join debian list but i am sure for those who are beginners
lina and want to use some open source stuff is quite good option.
there are several other firewalls like pfsence, monowall, utangle, etc
but i found IPCop more easier to configure,