Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

There are two issues only to consider here:

(1) Who controls the keys and who controls them.

(2) I resent any degree of control of the open source software movement
being given over into the control of anybody else.

Recognise this for what it is.
Microsoft fears us.
Gates admitted this in a recent intermanagement memo.
I could chase it down and supply it, but attachments are not an option on
this list.
Understand that LibreOffice and many other apps now supply everything that
Microsoft deliver, on a more stable, secure and speedier base.
Microsoft do.
This is what this is about.
Control.
Don't give it to them.

Let's just do a little more work on projects such as Coreboot to ensure
continued accessibility for the base-level, end-user.
If security is what is required in the situation, I'm quite sure we can
supply that.
Microsoft have proven beyond doubt that they can't.

Panic and consternation are what Microsoft want.
Don't give them that too.
Just keep coding and writing documentation on a continuous 7 day/week, 24
hour/day basis.
When it comes to the crunch, they can't compete with that.

That's their biggest overhead.
Bigger than all the others combined.
Regards,

Weaver.