Re: what did hwinfo do to my machine? - SOLVED

Curt wrote:
On 2012-06-05, Dan B. <danb@kempt.net> wrote:
What the heck did hwinfo do to my machine?
Thanks to some suggestions that somehow caused me to check basic floppy
access, I discovered that the problem was ... (get ready for a big
letdown) ... a loose floppy cable.

So you're saying when you typed "hwinfo" into an xterm, it shook the
cable loose?

No, the cable wasn't quite _that_ loose.

It was plugging and unplugging a serial modem cable and an internal
adapter cable that shook the floppy's cable loose (and that happened
very close in time to when I installed and ran hwinfo).

Daniel