Re: alsa

On 05/06/12 12:53, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
On 04.06.2012 19:27, john gennard wrote:
/I have Debian 6.05 installed, but on bootup alsa fails. Realtek ALC887
8 channel
High Definition Audio Codec is incorporated on the Motherboard and works
since I can play CDs using Sound Juicer.

I've 'stumbled around' looking for an answer, but am unable to find one.
I'm over
81, have been ill for some time and don't know much about Alsa either.

Does anyone have any suggestions. please.

John.
/
Could you tell how ALSA fails? Do you see some kind of error message?

PS. Please don't use HTML, see
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct .

Please see emails with Raffaele Morelli for error messages.