Re: epson printer prints WHITE PAGE !!!

On 05/06/12 04:52, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Am Sonntag, 3. Juni 2012 schrieb J. Bakshi:
Dear list,

I have a epson C20SX parallel printer. I have bought a parallel to usb
cable so that I can use it with my laptop. After connecting the cable
I have seen the new H/W has been detected.

 From lsusb

`````````````````````
Bus 001 Device 069: ID 067b:2305 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2305
Parallel Port

```````````````````````

And the node has created as /dev/usb/lp1

crw-rw---T 1 root lp 180, 1 Jun  2 22:45 /dev/usb/lp1

Now I have checked by both cups and system-config-printer; which
detected an unknown printer. But not the printer model. Hence I have
selected the printer model and from its database the driver i.e.
"epson stylus C20Sx" . Unfortunately both the application prints blank
test pages. Is there anyone having the same issue. Can you suggest any
fix please ?

Tried a cat some-very-small-text-file > /dev/usb/lp1

My 2c is that you have to check three areas;
comms between the laptop and the printer,
the print spooling, and
the printer driver/conversion

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Minimal Technology, Natural Environment, Metal Mangling