Re: `free' in GNU and DSFG?

On Thu, 31 May 2012 19:42:58 +0900, Hiroki Horiuchi wrote:

> I know at least GFDL documents are not `free' in DFSG. In this respect,
> `free' in DFSG is narrower than the one in GNU. Is there any reverse
> case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Free_Software_Guidelines#GFDL

If by "reverse" you mean a case sample of we being less restrictive,
well, the fact of having "contrib" and "non-oss" repositories available
for packages that don't comply with the FSF and even with our own
guidelines is a good signal that demonstrate an openness outlook.

Anyway, you can also query about this at debian-legal mailing list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón