Re: how are you kids compiling kernels these days?

Thanks ! Looks good. I have to add the part about "make config" to my
guide. I'm writing it as I proceed with my own kernel compile. My aim is
to make a guide that is accessible to Linux newbies while allowing them
access to the full advantages of building a custom kernel.

The clearest guide I have found so far that explains very well some of the
complex issues involved is  ...

Linux Kernel in a Nutshell O'Reilly book by Greg Kroah-Hartman (well known
Kernel developer) ...

http://www.kroah.com/lkn/ ... it can be downloaded for free off that page
(Creative Commons license), and it comes highly recommended.

Barney Holmes