Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot

On Tue, 29 May 2012 14:09:27 +0200, Ramon Hofer wrote:

>> Did you already flash the C7P67 BIOS to the latest version?  I can't
>> recall.
>
> I have tried to do that but it was quite strange. I created a freedos
> usb stick with unetbootin and copied the files for the update from
> supermicro into the stick. I did exactly what the readmes told me. But
> when I did it the first time there was no output of the flash process
> and the directory where the supermicro files were located on the stick
> was empty. When I tried to do the procedure again it complains that I
> have to first install version 1.

BIOS revisions are not accumulative (or so it was when computers were
computers -in the true sense of the word- back in the old good days...),
that is, every version patches some aspects of the BIOS firmware code and
you need to apply whatever revision you need that corrects your specific
problem. It can be normal that a BIOS revision requires a previous
version to be installed first but you better ask this to Supermicro tech
support so they confirm this point because every manufacturer has
developed its own "tricks".

> I will now bring it to my dealer who can do the BIOS update for me.
>
> And I will write to Supermicro if they are aware of the issue.

Yes, contact them and they'll tell you how to proceed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón