Re: Web browser gets slow and blocks the system

On Sunday 27 May 2012 18:29:53 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Sun, 27 May 2012 10:28:27 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> >> Recently I've been having a problem with my web browser: it gets slow,
> >> the mouse and the keyboard don't respond any more and I have to unplug
> >> the machine. Can anybody suggest how I can detect why this happen and
> >> provide a remedy?
> >
> > Err... would be of much help if you say what browser is and what Debian
> > release :-). Also, does it happen with a different browser?
>
> It is Mozilla, Debian Lenny.  I haven't tried with a different browser, I
> don't know any other.

There are many!!  What DE/WM are you using?

I have found that Iceweasel is particularly prone to gunking my system up.  It
eats up memory, and if you haven't got a lot, as I haven't by modern
standards, that equals problems.

Though I don't believe that the only way out is to unplug the machine. What
else have you tried?

Lisi