Re: If you want to install stable released version

On Sat, 26 May 2012 21:26:09 -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I still do not fully understand the debian system of versioning at its
> relationship to the install isos.

It's simple: the first released ISO (6.0.0) is being updated on a regular
basis (now 6.0.5) to add all the patches that came out after that. This
is an option that not all the linux distributions provide, I find it a
plus for Debian.

> If I wanted a new system that was the stable released version, which
> install iso would I use?

You go here:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/index.en.html

Follow the links and drink your poison ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón