[solved] Re: dovecot imap: folder location problems

On 27/05/12 17:36, Richard Hector wrote:

As a result, I decided to rename all my folders to not have the ".INBOX"
prefix on them.

That, I think, was a mistake.

I was looking here:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier

Specifically, under the 'Manual Conversion' section, which has this line:

Courier's courierimapsubscribed file is compatible with Dovecot's subscriptions file, but you need to remove the "INBOX." prefixes from the mailboxes. This is true even if you set namespace prefix to "INBOX." as described above.

What it means, I think, is to remove the INBOX prefix from the /contents of that file/, not from the mailboxes themselves.

Now that I've renamed all my directories again, putting back the INBOX prefix, everything is fine.

Except K9 mail, which just isn't very nice at displaying folders.

Thanks for your time :-)

Richard