Re: Dying Iceweasel.

On Thu, 24 May 2012 09:06:41 -0700, Peter Easthope wrote:

> Two systems here with current Squeeze.  One is a Compaq Armada E500; the
> other a generic desktop machine with a Foxconn board.  Try this in each.
>   In iceweasel, google "site:skype.com create account" and attempt to
> open the account creation page.  The URI is too long to mention.

This one?

https://login.skype.com/intl/es/account/signup-form

> In the Foxconn machine, the page opens with no problem.  In the Armada,
> the spinning animation appears for a few milliseconds and iceweasel dies
> abruptly.

The above URI loads fine here (Lenny+firefox 12). Anyway, what are the
key differences between your 2 systems?

> In 2005 there was a thread about removing ~/.mozilla to "fix" a dying
> browser.  More recently, there was a thread including a suggestion to
> try this.
>
> ICEWEASEL_DSP=none iceweasel

Mmm, isn't that something related to the sound? :-?

> Anyone care to offer ideas about my current problem?

Yes, update your Iceweasel (and your flash player plugin) to the lastest
version available, that will solve most of the browser unexpected closing
issues.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón