Re: Configure sudo

Hi,

i am not sudo expert, but consider my notes:

by default are all commands disabled. If you enable some command, then
other still will be disabled.

Dňa Fri, 25 May 2012 10:13:05 +0200 Denis Witt
<denis.witt@concepts-and-training.de> napísal:

> * editing of php.ini

it is possible to set in /etc/sudoers whole command line (with file name),
but see bellow. Try tweak unix group memberships for this.

> * some editors

here can be security problem, because some of the editors can run the
shell, or allow to open more files. If you allow open editor with high
privileges, then these privileges can be used to open other files or
execute commands too. I found the sudoedit command, try read more about
it, but the editor's problem is still here.

> * apt-get install but not remove

IMO this is possible by setting whole command "apt-get options *" in
sudoers, but i never tried this. I have on one my server this:

User_Alias    EJABBER = snmp, www-data
EJABBER	ALL=(ejabberd) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/ejabberdctl stats *

by this line (i hope) only snmp and www-data can run
"/usr/sbin/ejabberdctl stats *" command. The asterisk can be replaced by
any other option (package name for you). But be careful with apt-get,
because there can be more than one (install, remove, ...) command can be
used in one line... Perhaps some shell script for this, which will accept
only package names?

Some time ago i read sudo manual with nice examples at sudo homepage, try
read it.

regards

--
Slavko