Re: Random system freezes - need your input

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2012 10:18:22 +0200, Matthias wrote in message
> <[🔎] CABo4i4wBSDBt8vgL+B++UBYPfba23yrKGLjJErHhi1Fc43LdNg@mail.gmail.com>:
>
>> 2012/5/20 Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>:
>> >
>> > Again: Have you ever tried the nouveau driver?
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. But no, I have not tried the nouveau driver and
>> I won't. The reason is that I don't want to introduce a new unknown
>> variable until I am sure wehther the nvidia module is causing this or
>> it's really some odd hardware fault.
>
> ..so, will you try nouveau now, or, do we call you troll when
> you come whining for help next month?  No if or but "reasons",
> yes or no, now, is _all_ I ask.

Did you not read his message?  I've quoted the relevant section (from
your own email, no less).  He's not going to try noveau until he's
determined that the system is once again stable using nv, ensuring
that the cause of his issue was the proprietary nvidia driver and not
a hardware problem with his machine.  "I don't want to introduce a new
unknown variable until I am sure wehther [sic] the nividia module is
causing this or it's really some odd hardware fault."  How is this
line of troubleshooting effort in any way trollish?

--
Chris