Re: [SOLVED] kmail crashes on startup

On Sunday 20 May 2012 11:27:50 am Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 03:59:50PM -0400, mark@neidorff.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using Mepis (a debian derivative) and I'm using kmail (4.4.4) as my
> > e-mail client.  It has been working just fine.
>
> Have you tried posting your question to the MEPIS Community Forum?
>
> http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/
>
> Although Mepis is derived from Debian, it doesn't mean that it is
> configured the same.

Thank you all for your help.  The problem was a corrupted configuration file
(.kde/share/config/kmailrc).  First I tried deleting and recreating all of the
index files ( *.index and *.index.ids) but that didn't help.  Then I renamed
the configuration file, and kmail started right up.  Just needs reconfiguration.

Thanks again,

Mark