Re: Having Mozilla Firefox as default web browser

On Mon, 14 May 2012 11:56:08 +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> Following extensive upgrading of 1386 wheezy, I am unable to get easily
> Mozilla Firefox as web browser. I have to commad with full path to its
> installation.

What's your desktop?

Have you checked with "update-alternatives --list x-www-browser"?

> Iceweasel is unable to treat Google Mail adequately.

This is something that can be reported, should the error is consistent
and fully reproducible.

> More importantly, Iceaweasel is unable to talk in/back with my
> connections to certain scientific software.

This can be also reported. Iceweasel and Firefox code are almost
identical.

> How to eliminate all web browser to leave Mozilla Firefox?

I had to remove Icewasel to install Firefox. This can be done from
Synaptic or the usual package managers (apt, aptitude).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón