Re: Corrupted windows in KDE after last upgrade in debian/testing

On Sun, 13 May 2012 17:50:48 +0400, Roman wrote in message
<[🔎] 4FAFBC38.8030302@meta.ua>:

> On 13.05.2012 17:23, wzab wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After last upgrade of my machines, one of them shows strange windows
> > layout in KDE sessions. I attach the photograph (unfortunately in
> > the screen dump performed with "import" utility the effect was not
> > visible, but import complained about "too much input data").
> > What's interesting, problem does not occur in the LXDE session, and
> > it appears only in one of my machines - the one which uses the "VGA
> > compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics
> > Controller (rev 02)"

..url to your dmesg?

> > Other machines - with newer Intel graphics chipsets work normally.
> > Whet can be the reason and cure for this problem?
>
> Hello, Wojtek.
> Please try to use "vesa" driver in your xorg.conf, it will allow you
> to make sure that this is a vga driver issue (and maybe not a
> hardware problem).

..note that the "vesa" driver is only useful for diagnosis and
in really bad cases of hardware failures, as a stopgap driver
while you get another graphics card airlifted in to whereever
your are.

..assuming you have an intel card, you need the firmware-linux
(which hauls in firmware-linux-free and firmware-linux-nonfree),
libdrm2:i386 (or libdrm2:amd64), libdrm-intel1:i386 (or
libdrm-intel1:amd64) and xserver-xorg-video-intel to get these
cards working, guys, did I miss anything here?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: