Re: mounting local filesystem ..... FAILED

On Sat, 12 May 2012 16:56:04 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

(...)

>> What that "none" means here? >:-?

> hope this can explain you better. because i also dont know why its
> showing "none"

(...)

Nope, sorry, I'm afraid the above outputs add no more useful information.

>> Are you missing something, for example, an external USB disk that
>> should be recognized but it's not present?
>
> BTW , i am using Proxmox a KVM base virtual environment. so i am not
> sure about it however i think virtually they are mounting CD drive on
> USB as
> this log shows note the "resume from disk failed msg"

> [    1.012097] usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and  address 2
> [    1.168454] PM: Starting manual resume from disk
> [    1.168457] PM: Resume from partition 8:5
> [    1.168458] PM: Checking hibernation image.
> [    1.168856] PM: Error -22 checking image file
> [    1.168858] PM: Resume from disk failed.

(...)

Wait, wait... was the error coming up after resuming or from a cold
boot?

And do you have any additional storage volume that you usually mount
under /dev? It seems something pointing to "/dev" but I can't guess what.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón