Re: Overcoming Debian(Linux?) paranoia - a gnome-ppp example

On Fri, 11 May 2012 22:39:49 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

(...)

> I just installed Debian 6.0.4 using Synaptic to add gnome-ppp. My first
> attempt to configure my modem failed *SILENTLY* (but's another gripe;)
> Being inherently suspicious, I chose 'root terminal'. Then executed
> gnome-ppp.
> All went fine.

You call that "paranoia" but it can be a simple bug.

> That established I had a "permissions" issue :< I then did
>    man gnome-ppp
> Received *NO _USEFUL_ info!!!*

That's also something historical. Programmers are not usually very much
interested -nor have the time- in documenting "their babies".

> I'm the _*ONLY*_ person to have physical access to the system. How do I
> force Debian to achieve functionality of CPM-80? [me date self ;/   LOL!

You better force yourself to find a solution for your problem in the
proper way.

Greetinsg,

--
Camaleón