Re: Weird warning from console-kit-daemon

On Wed, 09 May 2012 19:54:34 +0200, Sébastien Kalt wrote:

> Finally it seems my laptop took a holiday yesterday, just like me ;)
>
> Today the messages are back.

Ouch.

> $  cat /proc/cgroups
> #subsys_name	hierarchy	num_cgroups	enabled
> cpuset	0		1		1
> cpu		0		1		1
> cpuacct	0		1		1
> memory	0		1		0
> devices	0		1		1
> freezer	0		1		1
> net_cls	0		1		1
> blkio		0		1		1
> perf_event	0		1		1

Yes, that's the same I get which seems to indicate it's disabled for
memory ("0").

> So memory has enabled at 0, so I guess it's really disabled.

Yes. Hum, okay, the let's go back to the original idea of enabling them
and see how it goes (append "cgroup_enable=memory" to the kernel line) :-)

> Do you have any other ideas, if it's not coming from cgroup ?
>
> Is there another place / mailing list to ask that question ?

To be sincere, I can't guess what's the source that generates that
"console-kit-daemon" messages, but being a "warning" and not an "error"
it could have no additional side effects. Despite the messages, are you
experiencing any noticeable problem?

Anyway, given that you're running sid maybe is worth opening a bug report
against "consolekit" package :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón