Re: gpg/pgp noise

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 09:56 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 12:29:31PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> > Bob's PGP signature is valid - yours is not
> > You waste our time and bandwidth.
>
> In what way? I can verify Mika's signatures just fine.  The signatures
> are valid.
>
> > Bob's key validates his identity - yours does not.
> > I can verify that "Bob" is "Bob" through a chain of trust.
>
> Why does Mikka's not? It's not impossible for someone to have a trust
> path to Mikka. Albeit one step removed, since the signing key he uses
> has one signature, from another of his keys - but that one has at
> least one. (I haven't managed to construct a trust path to Mikka
> myself, since most of the public pathfinder servers don't have his
> key)

The signature of Tiberius was trusted by Pilatus and Herodes. The
signature of Philippus wasn't trusted by Lysanias or anybody els.

I couldn't find a key on public servers for Hannas and Kaiphas, but
fortunately the key of Johannes is available and the signature is
trusted by Zacharias.

I've got some nice examples for signatures similar to this one:

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 08:23 +0200, Frank Lanitz wrote:
Am 08.05.2012 13:11, schrieb Indulekha:

I'll post my top 100 tomorrow on this list.

Would this be ok for you? If not, would it be ok if I just post my top
50?

Or would it be a good idea t close this thread?

Regards,
Ralf