Re: How do I remove a bad file??

Dennis Wicks wrote the following on 05/01/2012 06:20 PM:
Greetings;

I have a file that looks like the following in an ls list;

I can't do anything with it. Can't mv, rm, cp, or anything
else I have thought of to get rid of it or write over it.

Any ideas how I can get this thing out of my life??

Many TIA!!
Dennis

Thanks for all the great ideas! Fortunately, the problem was solved for me. My system locked up and when I reset/restarted it the problem was fixed. So, fairly certain that I had a bad disk, I popped in a new drive and copied everything to it while the old one was behaving itself. All seems to be well. I now have a number of good hints and tips to file away for the next time such weird things happen!

Many Thanks!
Dennis