Re: Screen relics

On 05/05/12 02:13, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Fri, 4 May 2012, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>

>> On 04/05/12 17:07, Bret Busby wrote:
>>> On Fri, 4 May 2012, Scott Ferguson wrote:

<snipped>

> [...]

<snipped>

>>> lshw shows:
>>>
>>> "
>>>  *-pci:0
>>>              product: Core Processor PCI Express x16 Root Port
>>>              vendor: Intel Corporation

<snipped>

>>>                 product: GT218 [GeForce 310]
>>>                 vendor: nVidia Corporation

<snipped>

>>> Synaptic shows the GNOME version as 1:2.30+7
>>>
>>> The Iceweasel version shows as
>>>
>>> "
>>> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20120421
>>> Iceweasel/3.5.16 (like Firefox/3.5.16)
>>> "
>>>
>>> What other information is needed?
>>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>> Are you using any effects that require 3D?
>>

> No.

I take it that means "*absolutely no* desktop effects enabled" :-)

Any errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

I'm not a GNOMEr, perhaps if you posted some a link to a site where
you've posted screen scrapes someone knowledgeable might be able to assist?

> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia