Re: Where have the mailing lists gone?

On Thu, 03 May 2012 21:50:43 +0000, Dirk wrote:

> some marketing-asshole has gone bananas on your websites again...
> probably thinking a high page count makes users happier...

> No Index with mailing lists but a desert of text that NOBODY will read.

You'd better take a cup of tea and then re-read:

***
All original Debian mailing lists are run on a special server, using an
automatic mail processing software called SmartList. *This server is
called lists.debian.org*. All submission, subscription and unsubscription
messages have to be sent to a particular address at this host.
***

(bolded text is mine)

> The first link on that page is called "mailing lists"
> (http://foldoc.org/mailing+list)
>
> But that isn't the index of mailing lists either... it just a bullshit
> link put at the very top for no other reason than to make users angry...
>
> The next link: http://lists.debian.org/
>
> Ah! that must be it...

Ah, well done! You finally find it.

> No. It isn't.. it is the same page as the actual one will a different
> style sheet but less text (which is good)...

No? Are you sure?

***
If you wish to browse a complete list of mailing lists, see the complete

http://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html
***

There you have it.

> /there/ i found the link "subscribe"
> (http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe) not sure what would
> happen if i click it..

Nothing, unless you first select [x] the list(s) you want to be
subscribed to.

> Turns out the subscribe link doesn't subscribe me to a mailinglist but,
> instead, it is the index of mailinglists that i was searching for more
> than 30(!) seconds...
>
> :)

This young people is always hurry.

Greetings,