Re: i would like to know how i can upgrade to the latest kernel on debian squeeze.

On Wed, 02 May 2012 15:33:41 -0400, Joey L wrote:

> I thoiught it would be easy to google - how i can upgrade to the latest
> kernel on debian squeeze.
>
> but apparently it is not as easy as i thought. does anyone have a quick
> tutorial on how to do this ?

Debian does not provide compiled kernels for the released versions (now
Squeeze) other than the ones located at the backports repository¹.

However, you can always grab whatever kernel you prefer from the
"kernel.org" site and compile the sources by yourself which is also
pretty easy (detailed instrucctions can be found here²).

¹http://backports-master.debian.org/
²http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch08s06.html.en

Greetings,

--