Themes and unreadable text

 i'm looking for a theme where the background in konqueror and
tranmission is all white instead of its current
grey/white/grey/white/etc which is difficult for me to read in the
grey bars. The black text just seems to merge into the grey background
which i find almost impossible to read, and that’s with my reading
glasses on! :)

I tried altering the theme in gnome-control-center > appearance, but
the one that i chose also made the title bars black so that i couldn't
read what they said.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.1