Re: Partman-Auto - Multi-Disk OR Use Existing Layout via Preseed

%packages
@base
-Package1youdontwant
-Package2

:)

As for the parted item:

This did what I mentioned earlier:

# Partitioning
## Dump everything from the installer
# We ARE going to overwrite everything. Really.
d-i     partman-md/confirm_nooverwrite  boolean true
partman-lvm     partman-lvm/confirm_nochanges   boolean true
partman-base    partman/confirm_nochanges       boolean true
partman-md      partman-md/confirm      boolean true
partman-crypto  partman-crypto/confirm_nochanges        boolean true
partman-partitioning partman-partitioning/confirm_resize boolean true
d-i     partman-crypto/confirm_nooverwrite      boolean true
d-i     partman-lvm/confirm     boolean true
partman-lvm     partman-lvm/confirm     boolean true
partman-partitioning partman-partitioning/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
partman-crypto  partman-crypto/confirm  boolean true
partman-partitioning    partman-partitioning/confirm_new_label  boolean true
partman-base    partman/confirm_nooverwrite     boolean true
partman-md      partman-md/confirm_nochanges    boolean true

# use first hard drive SCSI/SATA:
d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/sdb
d-i partman-auto/method string lvm
d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select boot-root
d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true
d-i partman-auto-lvm/new_vg_name string sysvg

d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_md  boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm_nooverwrite boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true

d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
d-i partman/confirm boolean true
d-i partman/default_filesystem string ext3
d-i partman/mount_style select uuid
d-i partman/choose_partition \
        select Finish partitioning and write changes to disk

# needed to shut up complaint about unused keep_2 lv
d-i partman-basicmethods/method_only boolean false

d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                            \
      boot-root ::                                               \
              510 511 512 ext3                                   \
                      $primary{ } $defaultignore{ } $bootable{ } \
                      method{ format } format{ }                 \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }       \
                      mountpoint{ /boot } label{ /boot }         \
              .                                                  \
              2046 2047 2048 linux-swap                          \
                      $lvmok{ } method{ swap } format{ }         \
                      in_vg{ sysvg } lv_name{ swap1 }            \
              .                                                  \
              4094 4095 4096 ext3                                \
                      $lvmok{ } method{ format } format{ }       \
                      use_filesystem{ } lv_name{ root } in_vg{ sysvg } \
                      filesystem{ ext3 } mountpoint{ / }         \
              .                                                  \
              4063 4064 4065 ext3                                \
                      $lvmok{ } method{ format } format{ }       \
                      use_filesystem{ } lv_name{ var } in_vg{ sysvg } \
                      filesystem{ ext3 } mountpoint{ /var }      \
              .                                                  \
              10238 10239 10240 ext3                             \
                      $primary{ } $defaultignore{ }              \
                      method{ lvm } device{ /dev/sdb }           \
                      vg_name{ sysvg }                           \
              .                                                  \
              50000 80000 -1 ext3                                \
                      $primary{ } method{ keep }                 \
              .

Then in the late command, you'll have to do something like this (I haven't cause I'm lazy):
pvcreate <largest partition> xen_vg
parted /dev/sda < create partition - have to look up syntax> ext3
mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1 -L /boot
mkdir /target/newboot
mount /dev/sda1 /target/newboot
cp -par /target/boot/* /target/newboot
grep -v /boot /target/etc/fstab > /target/etc/fstab.new
echo "/dev/sda1 /boot ext3 defaults 0 0" >> /target/etc/fstab.new
mv /target/etc/fstab /target/etc/fstab.bak
mv /target/etc/fstab.new /target/etc/fstab
umount /target/boot
umount /target/newboot
mount /dev/sda1 /target/boot
in-target grub-install /dev/sda
in-target update-grub

Then you've done what the RH installer can do for me fairly easily. (Trust me, there's tons to hate about Anaconda, but this part is ok.)

-Matt