Re: W: best way to clone server data using rsync

I noticed rsh is not installed, it's linked to /etc/alternatives/rsh, which is linked to /usr/bin/ssh.

Calling rsh instead of ssh should avoid file encryption during transfer, at least that was the intention.

The socket options boost transfer speed quite a lot, I usually have 65355 buffers on my samba server, using rsync directly I can increase it some more.

partial-dir does not work along with append, so I got rid of it.

I'll leave the rest as is minus the recursive option

Thanks for the inputs!