Re: Desktop use (xfce) and system groups

Brian wrote:

>> Hi.
>> I'm running wheezy. Can someone give a list of groups, that desktop users
>> should belong that video/audio playback (pulseaudio) work smoothly and
>> they
>> can for example shutdown/reboot system and use removable media without
>> root
>> password?

>An Xfce install can implement all those actions. It would be better if
>you could describe what it is you cannot do or what you want to achieve.

User is in (cdrom,floppy,audio,video,plugdev,scanner,netdev,bluetooth) groups
but root password is asked when trying to reboot or shutdown. I'm using
lightdm display manager. Looks like "xdm" package is removed but not purged,
can it cause problems? Display manager was automatically changed with
task-xfce-desktop version 3.06. I don't remember did it work before.