Re: Network Manager forgets WPA2 password.

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:40:49 -0500, Indulekha <indulekha@theunworthy.com> wrote:

I'm running Debian Wheezy with Gnome 3.2

If you can, the best solution is to use wpa_supplicant to identify your
networks and provide appropriate authentication. It just takes a little
editing of the wpa_supplicant.conf. There's also a gui for it if you prefer,
archwiki has the best howto for it here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/WPA_supplicant#Dynamic_method:_.27wpa_gui.27.2C_.27wpa_cli.27

Thanks, I will look into that.

NM is not the most reliable piece of software, and wicd only allows one network
interface to be used at a time last I tried it.

I've been pretty happy with Network Manager over the last couple of years. Before that it was wicd, but I was under the impression that wicd was lagging development wise and not all up to date.

Thanks!

--
//Christian