Re: genisoimage and truncating of file names

On 01/05/2012, Indulekha <indulekha@theunworthy.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 01:16:54AM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:

>> > When I run the above command this is the result ........ File
>> > ./irishceltic.iso is larger than 4GiB-1.
>> > -allow-limited-size was not specified. There is no way do represent
>> > this file size. Aborting.
>> >
>> > irishceltic.iso is 18.9gb in size
>> >
>> I've just completed a blog posting about all of this, where you can
>> see what I've done and in what order too.
>>
>> However, my final act was to burn the xaa.iso file to a dvd using k3b.
>> Looking at the finished dvd I see that every file name is truncated to
>> the first 12 characters, something which I think k3b is doing. Is
>> there any way round this that folks know please? It seems a pity to
>> spoil all the work done at the final step!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharon.
>> --

> Why don't you just rename your files, replacing the spaces with
> underscores?
> It's easy enough to do and to reverse...
>
> --
>  Indulekha

Thats exactly what i've just done using a script that’s been given me
which replaces the spaces with underscores, it did the whole shebang
in less time than it takes me to brew a cup o f tea!

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.1