Re: skype?

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 18:03:28 -0500, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>

I am concerned with the "big brother" privacy,

Then, sadly, Ekiga is *not* the answer for your needs as it doesn't
support encryption. (one of the reasons it's not a fit for my needs).

Kphone, Jitsi, Mumble, QuteCom, Linphone, MicroSIP, SFLPhone, and Blink
do. Note that not all are multiplatform, see one of my previous posts to
this thread for a list of those that are ported to the three main PC
platforms.

Note also that Skype is encrypted, but Skype has a history of handing
out the private key.

The term "handing out" makes me curious. Who exactly are they handing it out to?

Personally I am presented with a few requirements from my employer to be able to use Linux as my work OS. One is MS Word the other is Skype, with or without key handed out.

<snipped>

Kind regards

--
//Christian