Re: [OT] Posting styles

In linux.debian.user, keith mckenzie <fatmac@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Decided the easiest way to stop the annoyance of 'Mika Suomalainen',
> is to send his messages straight to 'trash'. No more half page fulls
> of meaningless numbers/letters,&  no more requests for confirmation;
> life has returned to normal.  :)

That's what some people don't seem to understand -- they're posting to
a mailing list where any assistance received depends on having everyone's
good will, yet they insist on posting all that pointless garbage, making
their emails really annoying to read.

Certainly we are all free to do as we wish, but sometimes getting along
with others requires certain little sacrifices. :)

In all the arguments people have made here in favor of pgp/gpg signing
to the list, not one person even bothered to address the annoying chunk
of non-human-readable text to which we are subjected, whether or not we
are interested. In fact, the matter tends to get edited out in the pro-pgp
replies. Guess what they really think is "screw you if you don't like it",
underneath all the (rather silly) rationalizations.

I used to have mutt configured to verify that crap, but then guess what
happened? I learned that half the people using it do so incorrectly, so
then you have all these error messages.... :\

What a waste.

--
 Indulekha