Re: Wheezy: Can't see no maps in navit

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:26:33 -0700, T Elcor wrote:

> --- On Tue, 4/3/12, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A shoot in the dark: did you disable the rest of the pre-set maps?
>
> Eventually I did.
>
>> There are more tips here:
>>
>> http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/OpenStreetMap#Tips
>

> That was a good suggestion. The only way I was able to get it working is
> to copy /etc/navit/navit.xml to ~/.navit/navit.xml and edit the local
> user copy. Editing /etc/navit/navit.xml seems to have no effect.

Mmm... according to Navit's help, that is exactly what has to happen:

***
http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Configuring_Navit#Foreword

Setting up Navit is done by editing a configuration file. Unless
specified, it is called "navit.xml". When launching, Navit will look for
it in the following order:

- The first argument supplied on the command line, e.g.: navit /home/
myusername/navittestconfig.xml

- The navit.xml file in ~/.navit/navit.xml : e.g : /home/
myusername/.navit/navit.xml. This is probably to best place to customize
your settings.

- The navit.xml.local file in the current directory. Used mainly for
development, but maybe also useful for you.

- The navit.xml file in the current directory.
***

Which means that by default (unless you tell to do otherwise) it won't
lookup for "/etc/navit/navit.xml".

> From the usability perspective, it also help to enable zoom buttons in
> navit.xml, as they are disabled by default, making the map of little
> use.
>
> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Good that you solved it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón