Problems in fonts in console appear again

After upgrading from lenny to sqeeuze last year I faced witha problem of
fonts in the console.
Problem has been overcome in this way:
After installing the kernel linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 I have
problems with fonts/video again: when loading new kernel I have a small
screen size so as in console as in X11.
I exclude "video = LVDS-1:640 x 480" from grub configuration. After that
the new kernel load fine, but I have very small fonts in my console so
as last summer after upgrading from lenny to squeeze.
Have any ideas?