Wheezy: Can't see no maps in navit

Hi,

I can't see no maps in navit at all. What I did:

 1) Installed navit
 2) Created and downloaded bin file with maps from http://maps5.navit-project.org/
 3) Updated /etc/navit/navit.xml to point to the downloaded maps:

 <mapset enabled="yes"> <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="/path/to/my/maps/osm_file.bin"/>
 </mapset>

 4) When I run navit, a window opens up and it's just filled from border to border with yellow-brownish background, that's it. If I click somewhere inside the window, I can get to configuration menus and in the Maps section navit lists the bin file I set up in step 3. But still it shows no maps.

Any ideas? Thanks