Re: No sound with new install

On Lu, 02 apr 12, 11:57:57, Nick White wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 01:48:21PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > This is not very encouraging (given that you are already using a fairly
> > new kernel), am I correct to assume this is a (very) new board?
>
> Yes, likely. It's a new PC, so could well be.
>
> > Please also add output of:

[snip]

Ok, this all looks good. Please make sure that you turn off any program
that may produce sounds[1] and try as root *and* as user:

    speaker-test -c2

You should hear hissing (pink) noise alternating from the left and right
speaker. Use Ctrl+C to interrupt and post error messages here (if any).

[1] including but not limited to music/video players, browsers, or even
the entire desktop environment. To be 100% safe you should probably boot
in recovery mode...

Kind regards,
Andrei