Re: print jobs to parallel printer now hang

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 23:01:22 +0100, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> replied:

> Read the bugs for cups-filters and decide whether installing the version
> in unstable is worth installing.

The bugs do look similar, but I'm having trouble installing the packages from
unstable.  I always thought the way to go was (e.g.)

  apt-get -t unstable install cups-filters

but this gives

  E: The value 'unstable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a \
   release is not available in the sources

"Sid" instead of "unstable" also fails.  I tried downloading the packages
manually and using "dpkg -i", but the chain of dependencies was getting too
scary.