Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

On 20120401_130449, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Sb, 31 mar 12, 11:08:39, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > >
> > > Having a tmpfs filesystem for "/tmp" doesn't mean that a dedicated
> > > partition is required for "/tmp".
> >
> > What you say doesn't work for me, but something else does.
>
> Show us (what doesn't work) :)

My statement was made in response to a statement by another person
whose name you have snipped out. It is just as well that you did this
snipping, because, now I regret writing precisely that in response to
that remark.

What *does* work for me is a separate partition for /tmp, which is
something that I never had to have before. Having to set up such as
part of a dist-upgrade, or full-upgrade, or re-install breaks the 'it
just works' paradigm. I think it was not really working in squeeze as
well, but until quite recently, I was unaware of the meaning of some
error messages and unable to design and execute diagnostic to tests, or
to formulate questions that would evoke helpful explanations.  (You do
realize by now that I do have communication problems, I hope.)

Peace.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net