Re: Why did gtkdialog disappear from the repository?

On 28/03/12 19:38, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On 28/03/12 07:11, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> Maybe you should become the new maintainer.
>
> Or switch to one of the "better alternatives" that the RM bug claims
> exist: http://bugs.debian.org/543945

I read it as, unmaintained because it's (claimed) upstream no longer
maintain it?

> Sadly, such bugs almost never actually cite what the "better
> alternatives" are…

It would be helpful for those, like the OP, who don't or can't search.
It is mentioned that radare had it as a dependancy - but I can't see
what radare now uses in it's place.

I'll never miss gtkdialog because I use kdialog, but zenity is popular
and probably useful as a replacement. And I'm confident a quick search
of debian packages would yield others, otherwise the OP could always
repackage upstream for his Mint/Antix remixed "distro".

NOTE: I'm not the OP, please quote more carefully.

Kind regards

answers to Debian questions:-