Re: problem with xetex access to system fonts

2012/3/21 Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz>:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 04:23:50PM +0800, 张启德(Zhang Qide) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have installed texlive texlive-latex-recommended, texlive-fonts-recommended,
>> texlive-latex-base, texlive-base, texlive-latex-extra texlive-xetex ,
>> lmodern  packages
>> on squeeze using aptitude. I test its access to system fonts as follows:
>>
>> $: xetex opentype-info.tex
>
> Is that the "Debian way"?

Sorry, I don't know whether it's the "Debian way". I read some
TUG's documents about testing the texlive installtion on
http://tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#x1-390003.5,

"After installing TEX Live as best you can, you naturally want to test it out,
so you can start creating beautiful documents and/or fonts."
(...)

If you have installed the xetex package, you can test its access to
system fonts as follows:

> xetex opentype-info.tex
This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926…
Output written on opentype-info.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on opentype-info.log.

If you get an error message saying “Invalid fontname ‘Latin Modern Roman/ICU’…”,
then you need to configure your system so that XeTEX can find
the fonts shipped with TEX Live. See Section 3.4.4.
(...)

and I try it myself. All test passed except xetex. I am confused with
that though I can use
xelatex access some system fonts (eg: AR PL UMing CN, Liberation serif).
May be its a bug because when I add some lines to ~/.fonts.conf, the
test for xetex will pass.
Sorry, my English is not so good!

>> I get an error message saying “Invalid fontname ‘Latin Modern
>> Roman/ICU’…” see blow:
>
> You'd be better off asking this question on the
> debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org list.
   OK, I will try it. Thanks!

Regards,
Zhang Qide