Re: USB-keyboard language settings

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:36:18 +0100, Christian Frey wrote:

> Hey together,

Wow... what a mess. Sir, no html postings, please.

(...)

> I have to say that I want to have the system language English and the
> locale Region setting set to Switzerland as well as the Keyboard. The
> System Setting GUI shows me that I have British English as Language, as
> Format UK and as Layout Swiss German keyboard. I guess it mixes
> somehwere up between Format and Layout. Also it was not possible during
> install, after choosing English as sys language to choose as Format
> Switzerland. However, the keyboard I could choose as Swiss one.

I'm not sure to have properly understood the issue... are you saying your
keyboard layout is not the desired? If yes, what's the current one and
what do you want to get?

If you are using a graphical DE, this can be set from the keyboard
configuration settings. If you're on console, you can edit "/etc/default/
keyboard" file.

> How can I fix this issue // Thx./ A reconfigure of the keyboard
> configuration respectively of the locales did not really help.  The
> Format cannot be changed in the GUI.

It is not clear to me what you understand for "keyboard format" :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón