Re: Problem with Update repository

On 17/03/12 19:21, Lisi wrote:
> On Saturday 17 March 2012 07:46:47 Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 17/03/12 17:38, Bret Busby wrote:
>>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Scott Ferguson wrote:

<snipped>

>  Hello, Scott,
>
> The sources.list used by Bret has one of the CD entries not commented out.
> This you have not included in the sources.list as used by you.  Might  this
> have caused a problem?  I confess to not seeing how, but it is an anomaly in
> the sources.list.
>
> Lisi

Good point - I forgot to add the line back (I have a local mirror so
don't use CDs).
However it wouldn't cause the problem he described, which was a failure
to find a particular file in the *online* repository. My *guess* is the
file his system was looking for was no longer there - apt-get update
*should* have fixed that.

I just thought it strange that he should be getting served a different
IP address to what I get. Possibly that's his ISP's DNS cache.

CDROM/DVDs in the sources.list are ignored if the online repositories
are later versions

Kind regards