Re: Network connection lost - Debian Lenny kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 16:34:27 +0100, benoit lair wrote:

(please, no html formatted messages, thanks)

> I have problems with a system under lenny amd64 5.0.5.
>
> My server serves as a apache reverse proxy. During production, i lost
> network connectivity, got no response from ping. Thought my server has
> crashed, but when i arrived face to my server, i saw the system was
> always up.
> After logging into my shell, unable to go away the network.
>
> An ifconfig gave me my configuration, eth up route gave me the good
> routes (with the good default one) Got Carrier detect onto my network
> card

(...)

As "ifconfig" and "ip route" returned the correct data, I would have run
the usual tests:

- ping to an internal and external host to check for basic connectivity
- dig/host to discard a network resolution problem

Also, depending on the above results, as you were sitting in fornt of the
server, reloading the network kernel module could have been something
worth to try.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón