Re: Problem with resolution 1366x768.

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:55:43 -0300, Felipe Rozélio wrote:

(this time better, but still html...)

> Good morning, well I used the amd64 debian squeeze in a philips monitor
> had a resolution of 1024x768
> and had no problem. I bought a monitor from AOC e943Fwsk 18.5 'and then
> the problems started,
> first noticed on the right side there was a thin black belt by cutting a
> small piece of the picture,
> I researched and researched and found how to install the nvidia drivers
> and set up.

(...)

Is this yours?

http://www.aocmonitorap.com/egypt_eng/monitor_283.php

> Drivers installed and xorg.conf created, now restart your pc
> when rebooted I noticed the fonts slightly deformed, was soon set in
> the monitor, except that the resolution does not leave 1368x768 50 Hz
> whereas my monitor is 1366x766. after attempt to do a lot of work and
> leave the legal resolution without that black strip on the right side
> cutting some of the image, changed the driver setting in xorg.conf
> instead of "nvidia", "nv" and rebooted
> X. When she returned I noticed that the image was further cut down a bit
> and decided the resolution
> to 1360x768 and it was perfect, and so it is now that the image is
> complete and uncut.
> But anyway there is a mistake because I wanted to use my 1366x768
> resolution with
> no problems and
> I noticed it on many distros, not only in Debian. Has anyone experienced
> the same problem with resolution
> wide?

You can try playing with "xrandr" (which works better when using the nv
driver), a command line utility to add undetected resolutions that can be
then set as the default:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution

For nvidia closed driver you can try to setup the desired resolution by
using the "nvidia-settings" utility.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón